As businesses continue on the digital acceleration path pushed by the pandemic and change in market conditions, here is a look at five key technology trends for 2022 as highlighted by the Forbes Technology Council.
- Automation: Technologies such as robotic process automation, natural language processing, and intelligent document processing will help organisations effectively utilise their resources on strategic work by automating rule-based processes. Intelligent Robotic Automation will also grow by leaps as predicted by Gartner. Small manufacturers who cannot afford large, complex and expensive robots will compete more effectively with a new generation of collaborative robots (or “cobots”) in the manufacturing industry. Cobots are the latest type of robots designed to interact with people in a shared work environment.
- Predictive Analytics: Forbes Technology Council predicts that data analytics, data lake consolidation and predictive analysis will be significant for the entire IT industry. Advances in predictive analytics will heavily drive cybersecurity and even IoT. Predictive analytics is one of the fastest-growing fields in the world of technology. While the market share was valued at USD 7.2 billion in 2020, it is expected to grow to USD 21.5 billion by 2025.
- Focus On Software Quality Standards: Quality will be a prime area of concern with software embedded into people’s daily lives with all the goods and appliances they use. 2022 will see more sophisticated and new trends in software testing. QA testers will rely on artificial intellect and machine learning to improve the quality of software.
- Smart City Technologies: Smart cities that deliver integrated services for a better and sustainable citizen experience are becoming more common worldwide. Smart cities rely on data and technology to make everyday life easier and better for the people who live and work in the city. With the UN predicting that 68% of the world population will live in urban areas by 2050, governments worldwide are focussed on creating smart cities to address traffic management, energy efficiency, and safety with technology.
- Web 3.0: This is the next stage of web evolution that will make the powerful internet mirror near-human-like intelligence using AI to assist users. Web 3.0 is currently used by companies such as Amazon, Apple and Google. Decentralised data architecture, edge computing and the rise of 5G will accelerate the adoption of Web3.0 by many more organisations resulting in the next industrial revolution.
Access the Forbes article on technology trends: https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbestechcouncil/2021/10/15/16-experts-predict-the-tech-trends-that-will-dominate-industry-in-2022/?sh=2cff62186480
Access our blog for more industry updates https://www.lawimage.com/blog-2/law-image-blog/.
About Law Image: Law Image Services is a leading information management company. Our services include printing, copying, scanning, Appeal and Court book production, eDiscovery, on-site print rooms, eArchiving, court filing, and hard copy processing. We are headquartered in Melbourne and have offices in Sydney, Brisbane, and Perth.